Creating marketing videos is one thing. Getting exposure to them is quite another. Uploading your videos to one channel will limit that exposure. Here are the channels you’ll get the greatest benefit from as well as “how-to” instructions”.
YouTube – The Obvious Choice
YouTube is the second most visited website on the planet. It also doubles as a search engine because all videos are indexed by Google. To get started:
- Log on to your YouTube account and click the “upload video” tab. It’s located as a dropdown menu under the movie camera icon at the top-right of your screen.
- Click on the “select file” button, locate your marketing video, and double-click on it to start uploading it.
- You can start customizing your video while it uploads. First, enter the video title, and then the video description. Now select or upload a thumbnail. Now select whether the video “is made for kids” or “it’s not made for kids”.
- Click on “more options” and enter your niche keywords into the “tags” field. Additional settings you can configure include language, subtitles, recording date and location, license distribution, category, and comments and ratings. You can click on “next” after configuring these settings.
- In the next screen, you can add video elements such as end screens or cards to promote other content.
- Click on next to configure visibility. First, click on the “publish now” tab and select “public”. If you want to publish your video on a later date, simply click on the “schedule” tab and select the date using the calendar functions. Now that you are done uploading and configuring your video, click on “publish” to finish.
Vimeo – Most Popular Video Streaming Choice
Vimeo is the second most popular dedicated video streaming site. With over 170 million active users, it will help you expose your brand to a more focused audience of content professionals and creative types. It also offers its users an ad-free experience. Here’s how to get started:
- Log into your account and click on the “upload” button.
- On the following page, click on the “choose files” button, locate your video, and upload it.
- Customize your video but entering the title and the video description.
- Click the “privacy” menu button and make sure it’s set to “anyone can see this video”.
- Select the language of your video.
- Enter your niche keywords into the “tags” field and select “all audiences” under “content rating”.
- Click on the “save” button.
Facebook – The King of Social Media Sites
Facebook is one of an extremely active website. The Facebook algorithm boosts video posts that are native to the platform. This means your best choice is to upload them instead of sharing them from other sources. It couldn’t be easier.
- Go to your Facebook account and click on the “photo/video” button located in the “create post” section.
- Locate your marketing video and double-click on it to upload it.
- Add a caption to describe the video into the “say something about this video” field, and then click on the “post” button.
Twitter – The Most Engaging Social Media Site
If your goal is to boost your brand and go viral, Twitter could be your best bet. Super simple to do!
- Go to your Twitter account and click on the “compose tweet” icon.
- Click on the gallery icon.
- Locate your video, and double click on it to upload it.
- Add your video title and description into the text field. Make sure that your title and description don’t exceed 280 characters.
- Click on “tweet” to post your video!
Instagram – A Visual Discovery Website
Instagram is the choice of video marketers from around the world. Users go there for the images and videos. Here’s how to upload a video to Instagram:
- Go to the app while logged in to your account and tap on the “plus” icon.
- Locate and select your marketing video from your gallery and tap on “next”.
- Customize your video using Instagram’s editing options and tap on “next” to continue.
- Enter your caption into the text field, and then tap on “share”.
Tik Tok – The Newest Video Discovery App
Tik Tok a great platform for marketers. It allows you to expose your brand to a gigantic audience. Note that this platform is used mostly by the teenage and young adult demographic.
- Open the app while logged in to your account.
- Tap on the “plus” icon.
- Tap on the “gallery” icon, locate your marketing video and tap on it to select it.
- Click on the “next” button when prompted on the following screen.
- Enter the title and caption of your video into the “describe your video” field. Make sure to add a hashtag symbol before each keyword.
- Tap on “post” to upload it.
Now you know how to add your marketing videos to the top 5 social media channels. Get the most exposure for your videos. Practice makes perfect!
Other Video Marketing Blogs:
- The Importance of Video Marketing Even if You’re Camera-Shy
- Catch the Video Market Wave
- Video Marketing Success Checklist