Working from home is today’s “new normal”. It presents some challenges. However, there are solutions to every challenge.
- No special place for a work-only environment
- No line between work and play
- No tools or software
- Too many distractions
- No accountability
- No exercise
- Set aside a designated room or area for work only
- Set your schedule to include specific work hours
- Use online tools and software designed specifically for your work needs
- Set daily, weekly, and monthly goals and be accountable for their progress
- Complete the biggest, most pressing tasks before distractions put you behind
- Use the one-minute rule: Anything that can be done within a minute should be done first
- Schedule breaks throughout your day
- Get tomorrow’s work ready before you leave for the day
- Set up “To-Do” lists. Add anything you didn’t finish today and schedule time to complete them tomorrow
Optimizing Your Office
- Use systems to keep yourself organized
- Go paperless as much as possible
- Make yourself comfortable. Adjust your desk, chair, and computer so you don’t end up with aches and pains.
- Create an environment of peace. Play soothing music, place inspirational quotes on your desk or wall.
- Show off your awards. It will help keep you focused on why you work so hard.
Tools and Apps
- G-Suite – A cloud-based suite of apps and tools providing solutions for email, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation decks, shared calendars, cloud storage, and much more.
- Free Conference Calls – Set up conferencing and face-to-face meetings online. GoToMeeting, and FreeConferenceCall are 2 available free options.
Many professionals already have experience working from home. Others may be experiencing it full-time for the first time. Either way, this list of working from home challenges and solutions are helpful for everyone.
Contact Us for help with your administrative tasks. We can help!
Working From Home: Challenges and Solutions