The Purpose of Re-Purposing Your Blog Posts
Re-purposing your blog posts is a smart thing to do. It allows you to:
Extend your reach to a broader audience
Get more website traffic
Save time by using your blog post information in a number of mediums
A Great Process Goes Like This
Write an interesting and informative post.
Optimize it with keywords, tags, and categories.
Post it to your social media accounts with a keyword-rich description, hashtags, short link back to your post and an eye-catching graphic. Canva.com is a great resource for creating original graphics that can be stamped with your brand.
Send an email to your contacts with teaser text and link back to the original post.
A Super-Duper Process Uses all of the Above Strategies Plus
- Create a PowerPoint Presentation. Narrate each slide and turn it into a video.
- Upload your slideshow or video to your Slideshare.net account. Slideshare is owned by LinkedIn. So, while in your Slideshare account, post it to your LinkedIn profile.
- Upload your video to your YouTube channel.
- Upload to your Facebook business page, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and your other social media accounts.
To create a snappier video, use a service such as Animoto or Biteable. Create the slides, choose the music and share it on your social media sites. No audio narration is necessary.
Use these methods as a supplement to your blog post. For instance, if you’re writing about 5 steps to a smooth home buying process, include your video with a list of the five steps within your detailed blog post. Your video can have all text or text added to photos or video.
More Things to do to Re-Purpose Your Post
- Turn it into a tutorial.
- Create an eye-catching infographic.
- Create an e-book or e-guide that you can use as a freebie.
- Break it down into bite-sized pieces for a detailed blog post on each piece.
- Use the information to create a checklist.
- Add the information to your newsletter.
- Turn it into an article and post it on article directories like EzineArticles.com
- Edit your post and submit it to industry leaders as a guest blogger.