Website Leads – How to Make Your Website Work for You
Having a website provides better online exposure while building confidence and trust with prospective clients. What happens when someone visits your website makes all the difference between success and failure. One of the most important, yet overlooked, assets of your website is the lead capture. Website leads give you an opportunity to immediately respond to a request in the short term. In the long term, you will be able to stay in touch with valuable information they are interested in.
5 Lead Capture Ideas
- Contact Form – Visitors should be able to immediately locate your contact form. Make it short and to the point; name, email address and comment space.
- Offer Something of Value – People like to download tools and resources. Offer a free moving guide, a home buyer checklist, home seller guide, a free tutorial, etc. Do some creative writing about what the freebie includes and why they need it. Give them a reason to give you their name and email address. Services like JotForm allow you to create forms for immediate download; one less thing for you to do.
- Newsletter Sign-Up – Newsletters that offer interesting information are still a great way to stay connected. They give you an opportunity to showcase your knowledge and build confidence with your readers. If your company doesn’t provide a newsletter, you can use services like Ixact Contact for prewritten and editable ones. With a service like MailChimp, you’ll need to create your newsletters from scratch. However, they allow up to 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 free emails per month.
- Referral Program – Don’t forget about the people who have already done business with you. Give them a place on your website to submit the name and contact information for someone who could use your services. Sweeten the pot by offering a gift card or other incentive in exchange for the referral.
- RSS Feed – Allow people to subscribe to your blog feed. If you’re using WordPress, find an RSS feed plugin and conspicuously display your icon. Once a subscriber, they will be notified each time you add a new post.
These are five simple things you can do to capture website leads. Start with one and work up to all five.
Website Leads – Making Your Website Work for You