Your Website as a Lead Generation Tool
The Importance of a Website and Content for Lead Generation
Just about everyone will agree that your business cannot survive without a website. It’s where prospective clients go when searching for a product or service. Your website showcases your experience and lends credibility and trust in your ability to help them.
Your website is a great sales tool that can be used as the first step into your lead funnel. Instead of your visitors coming to your site and leaving, think of ways to get them to leave their contact information.
Here’s a few of the forms you can add to your website to capture leads:
- Ask them to join your mailing list
- Provide a contact form
- Ask them to take a short survey
- Ask a question or request their opinion
- Provide Live Chat
Decide which type of lead generation form you’re going to use. All of your follow up can then be designed to focus on your visitors’ specific interests and needs.
How to Make Your Website More User-Friendly for Lead Generation
- K-I-S-S – Keep it simple. Make your website user-friendly and easy to navigate. Make sure your visitors can easily find what they’re looking for.
- Stop the Music – If you have videos, set them so they don’t automatically come on. It’s distracting and quite frankly, a little irritating to have music blaring in the background while you’re searching a site. Instead, give your visitors a compelling reason to click on the video.
- Readability – Great content is important. Being able to read the content is imperative. Not all eyes are able to see light text on a dark background. Likewise, trying to read light text on a light background is frustrating and will cause some people to immediately leave your site.
- Be the Resource – Offering your visitors something of value is a great way to capture leads. This can come in the form of a free report, membership, newsletter, “be the first”, etc. Instead of just putting up a form that says, “Sign up for xyz”, create content on the form that will compel your visitors to want to sign up.
- The Feedback Booth – Ask your visitors for their feedback. Their opinions are invaluable in providing them with what they’re looking for as well as making improvements and updates to your site. For instant gratification, set up a live chat plugin on your site.
All of these simple tweaks to your website encourage lead generation. It instills confidence and trust in your ability to help them. It shows that you are interested in providing them with services that suit their needs. With that, your visitors will be encouraged to take action and become your next lead.