Checklist: How to Use Social Media to Grow Your Website Traffic
Over the past several years, I’ve written many blog posts about social media. Here’s just four of them:
Social media is invaluable to promoting your brand and drive traffic to your website. Using a social media checklist will help not miss a step in the process of getting more traffic to your website.
Social Media Checklist
Be Likable – People do business with people they like.
- Be Yourself
- Use Humor
- Be Transparent
- Tell Your Story
Know Your Purpose – People do business with people they know “get” them.
- Why are you posting that piece of content?
- What are the benefits to your audience?
- How does it benefit you?
Create a Plan of Action – A great plan will help you make sure every step in your social media marketing gets done.
- Having a plan saves you time.
- Identify tasks that need to be done.
- Organize and delegate what you don’t have time to do.
- Put your plan on the calendar to be sure work gets done in a timely manner.
Follow Through – Even the best plan won’t work if there’s no follow-through.
- Respond to social media posts
- Invite them to your email list
- Invite them to your website
- Share their content
Rinse and Repeat
- Repetition is amazing if it’s working
- Check your metrics
- Change it up (create a new blurb with the same link)
- Use a link tracking service such as Bitly. For more detailed information, set it up in your Google Analytics account.
Edit this checklist to suit your business needs and goals. The important thing is to get started. Be consistent. Learn what works and what can be done better.
Grab my free report, “Top 10 Tips to Get Website Traffic from Social Media“. Learn what, where and when to post, tips for trending, building credibility, automation, and more.