Social Media – It All Starts With a Plan
Social media is a great way to establish yourself as the expert in your field. You’ll make mutually-beneficial connections that can lead to sales. The most popular social media networks are open to everyone. You can set up your accounts and hope for the best. Or, you can start with a social media plan.
Plans are nothing; planning is everything. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower
Know what social media can do for your business
- Establish credibility by providing useful information.
- Build an audience of people interested in what you have to offer.
- Build your contact list through freebie opt-ins and landing pages.
- Observe what your competition is doing well. Improve upon it.
Know what to share on your social media
- Connect on a personal and professional way by sharing experiences.
- Photos and videos get a lot more attention than plain text. Use them freely.
- Drive traffic to your website and blog using interesting text and a shortened link.
- Promote your new property listings or tell your followers about a quick sale.
Once a month, create a calendar outlining what you will post on a daily basis. This takes the stress out of coming up with content on a daily basis. Advanced social media planning gives you more ideas and will add variety to your social media posts. Microsoft has several calendar templates you can use.
Know Your Start to Finish Goals
To find success on social media, ask yourself the following:
- Who’s your target market?
- What social media platform do they use?
- What topics are they interested in?
- What tools will I use to expedite the posting process?
- How will I measure success?
A good social media plan has many moving parts. You need to take the time to know what social media can do for your business, what your followers are interested in and what your start to finish goals are. Plan ahead and be consistent. Success will follow.