Your LinkedIn publishing plan must have consistent, interesting, and genuine content to keep your connections engaged. An important step to doing this is to create a social media editorial calendar. This can be as simple or complicated as you want to make it. Schedule your content posts in LinkedIn or over multiple social media channels. Your LinkedIn publishing plan is meant to keep you consistent, organized and focused on your goals. Publish manually or schedule content using third-party tools such as HootSuite.
When considering your publishing plan, you will want to post content that matches up with your LinkedIn voice and who you are as a business. The content should be personable but “business-focused” only. You are trying to build a list by gathering a group of people that are interested in what you have to say and share. Content helps create a relationship with them and supports your credibility as an authority in your field.
Since LinkedIn is all about business, and not your personal agenda, you need to make sure you identify the type of status updates to send to LinkedIn only. This ensures that the right content is reaching the right audience!=.
Some ideas for content to publish on your LinkedIn account are below:
- How-to Videos for Business
- Blog Posts and Articles
- Inspirational Quotes
- Current Industry Events
- Polls and Surveys
- Business Questions
- Free Reports and Business Guides
Here are some ideas of content management to use for LinkedIn.
Everyday you should do the following. It should take approximately 15 minutes each day to complete these tasks.
- Update Status (via Hootsuite) 3-5 Times
- Review/Comment on Network Updates on Home Page
- Check your inbox and respond to messages.
- Check target group discussions and like, follow, and comment accordingly.
- Actively participate in discussions. Make sure “Group Rules” are being followed.
Every week for approximately 30 minutes of your day do the following:
- Post new discussion threads in target groups (1-2 times per week).
- Invite 15 new connections.
- Endorse specific skills of 3-5 profiles.
Every month spend about 45 minutes doing the following:
- Update profile content.
- Update Company Page with new productions, promotions, etc.
- Write and request 5 – 10 recommendations.
- Review and add new apps.
- Search and join new target groups.
- Measure and record LinkedIn and business states.
Experience the power of LinkedIn. Use this information to develop your own LinkedIn Publishing Plan. Through LinkedIn, you’ll get access to people, jobs, news, updates, and insights that help you be even better at what you do. It will build your reputation and instill trust in you and your business.
You Might Also Enjoy Reading: