If you’re posting regularly to an Instagram account with beautiful images and you still aren’t seeing growth, you might understandably find yourself feeling frustrated. You may think Instagram just isn’t right for your business or that you’re doing something wrong.
Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is that organic growth on Instagram takes time. With that said though, here are five tips that can make a big difference and ensure you grow that bit more quickly.
- Use Portrait Orientation – Taking photos with portrait orientation is generally considered the best practice in Instagram marketing. If not portrait, you should at least choose square images. This way, your image will stay on the page longer while the users are vertically scrolling, meaning more engagement and hopefully more likes. Canva provides a preset size for Instagram photos.
- Post at the Right Time – Posting at the right time of day has been shown to be hugely important when it comes to your Instagram success. You will maximize the number of people who are awake and who are using the app. Research suggests that posting some time between 10 am and 3 pm on a weekday will net you the best results. BUT this doesn’t account for global time differences. If you’re aiming for a global audience, then posting at 6 pm GMT might just be the smarter strategy.
- Post Frequently – Ideally you should be posting 2-3 times per day. This will ensure that there is a steady flow of content on your site and that it doesn’t seem as though the page has been abandoned. What’s more though, is that posting this regularly will mean almost all of your viewers will see at least one image from you per day.
- Use Hashtags – Hashtags make a big difference on Instagram. Make sure you use them often and use them well. Use 3 to 5 hashtags and as many as 30 in order to maximize your chances of a big hit. Find the sweet spot in terms of popularity too – 30,000 is a good number of posts to see.
- Choose Your “Look” (Brand) – Many accounts are all over the place, with every image they post looking completely different and the end result being a page that has no consistency. Making sure the majority of your images have a consistent look – even picking the same filter for every photo – can prevent this issue and help people to better understand what you’re about and whether they should follow.
Use these 5 tips to find better success with your Instagram marketing efforts. And, if you ever need help with your social media marketing, just call us at (928) 692-3235 or complete the form below and we’ll contact you.