So, what are the Major Benefits of Building an Email List?
Let’s take a look at six of the major benefits of building an email list. When you have a list of people that are interested in what you have to offer, you can make a big impact on your bottom line by communicating with them on a regular basis.
- Get Visitors to Return to Your Website – If you do not get your contacts to go to your website, you’ve lost a big opportunity. The fact is that there are so many websites on a range of different subjects. People have a lot of choices and they may visit your website once and never return.
- When you are promoting products or services on a website, it is likely that 1% or less of your visitor traffic will make a purchase. The chances of them returning to your website again are slim – probably less than 3%. If you can capture the email addresses of your visitors, you can send emails to them that will encourage them to return.
- An Email List is a HUGE Asset -Your email list is extremely valuable. Every person on your mailing list brings with them an opportunity to promote your products, build a relationship, and instill trust. Your readers are already interested in the information you’re providing. Having an email list of people who are already interested in what you have to offer, brings you one more step toward a successful relationship.
- Email Marketing is Effective – People will take notice of the emails that they receive from you. When you perform email marketing properly, you will find that a number of the people on your email list will open your emails and take action. The important thing is that you do not do the same thing as everyone else.
- There are many other ways that you can get the word out about your products and services such as social media marketing. But none of these other methods are as effective as email marketing when it is done properly.
- Email is Personal – Always capture the first name of your prospects so that you can appeal to them in a personal way. It will put some people off signing up for your email newsletter if you ask for their first name, but most people will willingly provide this if they are interested in what you have to offer.
- Think about it. If you see an email in your inbox with your name on it you are far more likely to open it. Personalizing your emails will definitely lead to better results for you. It is easy to use a first name in your emails so be sure to capture them with your opt in form.
- Email Marketing Put You in Control – With other forms of promotion, you are not in control, If you rank your website high in the search engines, it can disappear in a heartbeat. Social media posts are cycled so fast that your followers may not see them. An active email list will always get to its intended target.
- You CAN Make Money with Email Marketing – You can build trust with your email list and make money promoting offers over and over again. If you do things right then your subscribers will actually look forward to receiving emails from you. The return on investment with email marketing can be huge.
You’ve heard for years that email should be a solid part of your marketing plan. After reading these six benefits of building an email list, I hope you will take an active role in getting started or improving your email marketing plan.